Oh My - It is that time again. I found my 2011 goals the other day and like a train wreck - I had to look. I excelled in some goals and fell flat on my face with others. I thought I would share the results with you and maybe it will help you with your goals.
1. Participate in at least 3 group shows and one solo show in 2011
This one I hit out of the ball part. I did 7 group shows and most of them juried shows so I was thrilled. I even won 4 ribbons this year for my paintings! I did squeak out a solo show in December so I nailed this one!
2. Work on my Zazzle shop to add more designs and create the newly added products by March.
I did add more designs, but never did catch up on the new products - They just keep adding more. I have been adding some templates for the new products I want to add and this one will be carried over to 2012. I suspect that there is a better way to do all this, because it just seems to take me so much time.
3. Create items for cratft shows on a weekly basis.
Well, I did create picture mirrors, glass tile pendants and hand painted glass candle holders, but not on a weekely basis. I ended up doing this when the need arose so I had to hurry up and get her done! I think weekly was too much to ask - I may need to rethink the time frame.
4. Find a local printer to print my cards in the 1st quarter.
I did look into a couple places and will stick with on-line for this. It seems to be mor cost effective.
5. Learn how to engage people better on Twitter - ongoing.
I believe that I have better balanced conversing with people, retweeting and promoting. I also try to find interesting items to tweet.
6. Create a Daily schedule to segment my time so I get more painting done - ASAP!
I tried this approach and life kept getting in the way. I found that if I just carved out time each week for at least a couple painting sessions, I made progress. I find that I do my compter work in the AM which works well except that it is easy to procrasitnate because there is always more I can find to do on-line!
7. Close sites that are not profitable and time wasters.
I must admit that I dropped the ball on this one. I did close one site which I pretty much ignored anyway.
8. Become more active in the Rome Art Association by volunteering at events.
I did attend more meetings than previous years and volunteer for my solo art show at the Rome Community Theater (probably shouldn't count since it saved by butt on goal #1) I really must make more of an effort to attend meetings so I know what is going on. I am a pretty shy person, but I need to man up!