Saturday, November 14, 2009
5 reasons to buy art!
1. Express your personality! With all the artwork out there depicting many subjects - You are sure to find just the right piece for you.
2. Art is an affordable way to change up your decor without a total room makeover - Give a fresh look to your Foyer or Kitchen with an affordable orignal or reproduction.
3. Art makes a great investment! You may never plan to sell your collection, but it can be passed on to later generations and be a part of your family history. The most important rule is 'Buy what you like'. A piece of art will reward you every time you look at it.
4. The way it makes you feel. You may find a piece that speaks to you. It may remind you of a childhood memory and bring you joy or express an emotion you have been trying to express. It may even make you feel like a million bucks for way less $$$.
5. You can own something noone else in the world does. Original art is one-of-a-kind!
I know this is a luxury in this economy, but even now we all need to treat ourselves once in a while. Buying art directly from the artist can save you 30, 40 even 50% since there is no gallery mark-up. Find a new artist and support them - their work will likely be very affordable. Buying art on-line is another very affordable way to purchase art. It is even delivered right to your door. If you love a piece. look into buying a reproduction of it for a lower price. Ask for art for Christmas!
Etsy has many talented artists selling their work for reaonable prices. Visit my shop as an example.