Friday, February 13, 2009
Work in Progress Done!
I know this took way to long. I had some other projects going on so I would sneek this in here and there. I still may do some tweeking, but it is essentially done. If you scroll down for previous posts you can see some 'in progress' photos. I also included the reference photo used to paint from.
I think I still may lighten up some flowers/leaves faceing the sun and adjust one of the window mouldings for perspective, but you can get the idea! I just noticed that I didn't finish the pumpkin stems - OOPS! So I still need to do that.
This one was a challenge! I had to darken the values of the entire piece from the photo so I could keep the magenta color without going too pink in the light. I also kept the hanging petunia looking more alive than the photo. Let's just pretend it is earlier in the fall when they were healthier.
Thanks for all your kind comments on this as I went along! I need to take a better photo too - the colors are so much better in the painting.