Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rough couple of weeks


It has been a rough couple of weeks. My mother-in-law died a little over a week ago. She was surrounded by her husband, all her children and some grandchildren - just the way she wanted it. It was difficult seeing her decline by the day/hour. In the end we were on 24 hour watch, taking shifts at night.


She had 5 boys and 1 girl. I am married to her baby boy. She treated each of her daughter-in-laws as if we were her own daughters. I was very lucky! All her kids are still quite close and she should be very proud of how she raised her family. I will remember all the things she taught me - especially cooking tips.


Now life is back to 'normal'. I guess I am still in a bit of a dark mood so I did this ACEO (2.5 x 3.5). Crows were 'hot' at one time - I suspect that I missed the boat though.


2 comments:

T.Allen said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss. It is wonderful that her legacy lives on in the strong ties she's left behind. Best...

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. It is so wonderful though that she was surrounded by family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails